Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Derby Update

Well the derby car is just about ready. Had the day off so spent the morning building the body of the car. I have to say I love me dermal tool. It enabled me to get the area for the battery and the motor just right, and the switch fit right in front of the motor so I can solder the leads from the battery right to the motor and to the switch.
Did a little flame job and added green strips for Aidan.
I will use the drill press at Grandma Kirby’s to polish the axels and wheels and final assembly will probably take place tomorrow night. I just hope I can find my solder iron.
The race is Saturday. I hope to make a good show before the motor blows up. That would be the coolest.
Will post pics when I’m done.
Laters

No comments: