I guess it’s one two steps closer one step back with the car.
I stopped the coolant leak, I and I cleaned up the engine to find the oil leak.
Well turns out after driving the car for a night at work, the oil leak was bigger than I thought. The knock it was making was worrying me.
So I worked on it Monday. Well the oil leak was bigger than I though, the oil pan was empty. Not a good sign. Got some oil and some more degreaser.
Cleaned the engine again, but found the oil coming out of the back of the engine. Turns out the oil pressure sending unit was broken, that under pressure will pump out a lot of oil. Got that replaced and no more oil leak or smell. One step forward. Running the engine I get no more oil smell, the water and degreaser is burning off, two steps forward.
It was still missing, so the spark plug test. Found cylinder 4 is dead, and of course the plug looks ok and resistance in the plug wire is about 8K ohms, well with-in specs. Finally took the wire out and with the plug in the boot I stuck it on the engine and had Stacie start the car. Nothing, nothing at all. And the unscientific test of the shock coming off the number one plug wire was not as bad as the shock off the other plug wires leads me to believe the coil is not working. One BIG step back.
AutoZone online lists the coil for 29.99, a lot better than I was thinking. Lets hope that’s it.
Wish me luck.
laters
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment