Friday, June 29, 2007

Softball

Played softball tonight with my church group that plays on Thursday. Wasn't that great of a player when I was young, not like Roger the all-star, but like to play. Stacie and the boys came to watch. That was a lot of fun. Aidan was a crazy man running around with the other kids, plus he keep wanting to bat with me. So every time I went to bat I told him we would bat together afterwards.
So after the game I went on the field with Aidan, first he threw the ball to me and I hit it. Then I throw the ball to him and he tried to bat. That didn’t work so well, he’s left-handed but was trying to copy my right-hand swing. Not a workable situation for a three year old, but we tried few times then I ask Ron, a friend, to throw one to us and I help him swing and we hit the ball. We then of course had to run the bases. We got a home run.
After he wanted to run the bases with me again and again.
I must say the best part of the night was not that we won the game, that I got on base each time at bat, or made a few good plays.

Nope, it was running the bases with Aidan.

Yep that’s a good night.

Laters.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That's really cool, Dan! Jill

Anonymous said...

I agree brother, playing with the kids is what this is all about. Watching them grow makes a man feel like he's doing something right. E