I'm the "S" in the D&S...
From an email I sent 2/12:
My job interview is tomorrow at 9 am! I don't even know how I feel about the whole thing - I quit for a reason before & told Tazma "no" for the same reason. But right now, I don't have any direction on this. So, I'm just going to go give it my best shot and see what happens. If the dean likes me, I will have to teach 4-5 other instructors and pass their judgment too. I'm so intimidated.
From 2/13:
My interview went really well this morning. It was only with Terra, the dept chair and my former teacher, as the dean has been ill all week and wasn't "up to interviewing today." Which was good and bad: Terra and I have a good rapport (spelling?) and she wants me there (she keeps turning in my name for various positions). She wants me to teach. Why she thinks I'm qualified, I don't know, as far as experience in the field or with teaching in general. But she taught most of my classes and we both know I am well-trained. So the interview with only her there went really smoothly and we didn't have many questions for each other. However, I really haven't met the dean yet, except when she stuck her head into the office to say hello (they've had several deans since I graduated), and she + 2-3 instructors will be in my mock "class" Tuesday with Terra when I have to teach. The position itself would be enjoyable, rewarding, and doable - no office hours, some prep at home, only teaching at night, etc. And it would help Daniel, which goes without saying, if he only had 1 job. But I still don't know what I'm supposed to do with this. We'll see. And I still feel so intimidated!
Where this came from: A need to let out my thoughts on this.
I have been serving on the Curriculum Advisory Board at Everest College (Mountain West when I was there) since I graduated. This sounds really cool, and is, but mostly it means I attend a meeting once or twice each year when they finally schedule one, and give any input I may have a the time for their current program. I called Terra on Monday to RSVP for the upcoming board meeting and to tell her I was no longer working in the field, and why. She wanted to know if I was going to get another job. I said not in the foreseeable future (most of you know why I quit a job I absolutely loved in the first place and am not looking to replace it). She said she was looking for a new med assisting instructor and suggested I interview if I was interested. Daniel & I talked it over and figured it couldn't hurt to at least interview, have the experience of it, and say no if they offered the job. The classes are only at night so Daniel would be home most of the time I would be gone, and he would only have to work 1 job while going to school instead of 2. And I could teach. For quite some time, I have thought I want to teach, and there, and I know what it would involve. But, since I quit my job for the reasons I quit (and have since turned down the full-time position we prayed for at that same office I left - hence the reference to Tazma - another story), working somewhere -- anywhere -- else might not be a good idea but I can't tell right now. I'm getting nothing except my brain freaking out at the prospect of Tuesday afternoon.
Whew. Thanks for letting me vent. I'm sorry if you actually read all this :) but I had to get it out. I guess I'll just do my best Tuesday and then forget it in the bliss of the anesthesia with surgery Wednesday!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It sounds like you have a crazy week a head of you!! Good luck with all of it, you will be in our prayers.
Sounds exciting! I actually think having a little part-time job will keep you using your brain instead of turning it to Mommy-mush like the rest of us! Ha, ha! Good luck with everything and let us know what you need for help!
Stac--you are in my prayers. You'll figure out what is best for you, but it's exciting that they wanted to interview you!! Good luck and call if you need to talk!
Love ya!
Stac--you are in my prayers. You'll figure out what is best for you, but it's exciting that they wanted to interview you!! Good luck and call if you need to talk!
Love ya!
Post a Comment