Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, I know I’m little late but I guess school, family and some tiems work will keep you busy.
We went to Aunt Ali’s this year. This is a good thing. Ali did the whole dinner, and it was delicious. Thank you Ali for all the work. Her dinners are always great.
Grandma Jean has us put what were grateful for on a sheet of paper, the box is sealed and opened the following year. We then read the papers out load.
Some are silly and some are very touching. It’s nice to hear the different things we are grateful for. There are things that are constant year after year. These normally deal with family and living in a free country to live and worship, as we will.
Dinner was really dinner so we had the day to ourselves, which really means that Aidan was jumping off the coach on to my back or belly. Isaac was sleeping and Ari was being fussy. A much better day than how I spend Friday.
Friday was the day to redesign the mars rover project. It was climbing on Tuesday but Wednesday when it was in front of our teacher it wouldn’t do it. I think the dimmer switch we were using to slow the drill down was slowing the energy flow down too much.
Well anyway, Frances gave us two weeks to redesign the rover and to make use that it runs independently. I guess I take comfort in that there was only one team’s rover that could climb the stairs. Anyway, Friday was the day to start the rebuild. We are changing the gears and the power.
We got a lot done, even after the disagreement about who could use the “I need to spend time with my family” excuse to not put in a full days work. I have given up a lot of time from my family for this project, but I guess because I’m the team leader that’s ok and the other can spend time with theirs. I’m still a little ticked about that.
Back to my kids. Aidan is developing a personality that is prickly and can be stubborn, but he is quite smart, we should be pushing him more.
Isaac is really my little buddy. I come home and he is the one that runs to say hi and give me a hug. He is learning faster and faster. He is the tough one.
What can I say about Ari. I don’t remember the boys being this alert this fast. She smiles and laughs and will watch intently. I am amazed. I guess that she will be Daddy’s little girl.
O well a lot to say and no real context to do it in so I will sign off now.
laters

1 comment:

Jill said...

We're glad you had a good Thanksgiving! We love you guys! Good luck with school!